BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
I have a quick recipe for a pizza, and it’s Friday! BBQ Chicken Pizza is a timeless classic. It has a sweet, tangy and salty BBQ sauce, juicy chicken, creamy cheese and savoury onions. After making pizzas for a living for several years, I discovered so many fun toppings you can add to a BBQ Chicken Pizza. Keep reading for my “classic” recipe and some fun toppings that pair well with these BBQ flavours.
What kind of pizza dough should I use?
For BBQ Chicken Pizza, you can use any pizza dough or crust. My Homemade Pizza Dough was used, but it could also be used on a Thin or Crispy Pizza Crust. It can also be used on French Bread, a baked tortilla or any other store-bought gluten-free or cauliflower pizza crust. These toppings will make a pizza crust that is 14-16 inches in diameter.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE CHICKEN
Sure! You can substitute chicken for black beans or shrimp.
Pre-cooked chicken is a great option if you love chicken but don’t want to cook it. Simply chop up a rotisserie chicken and add it to a barbecue sauce. You can also use canned chicken breasts. Drain the chicken and then gently combine the BBQ sauce with it.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BBQ SUGAR?
Although I don’t prefer BBQ Sauce, Sweet Baby Ray’s is my favourite. I prefer smoky BBQ sauces over some of the sweeter ones. Kroger Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce was what I tried today. It would be interesting to experiment with a more spicy BBQ sauce or a pineapple-flavoured BBQ sauce.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO A BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA?
Here’s where the fun begins. These are some other toppings that I have enjoyed over the years on my BBQ Chicken Pizzas:
- Pineapple (don’t @ me)
- Feta is surprisingly good with sweet BBQ sauce
- Green onion
- Cheddar cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Black Beans
BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
Enjoy the classic BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe and other toppings that go well with BBQ to make your pizza more delicious.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
QUICK BBQ CHICKEN*
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 1/3 lb. ($3.22)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika ($0.05)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp pepper ($0.02)
- 1/2 Tbsp of cooking oil ($0.04)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce ($0.11)
- 1 ready-to-eat pizza dough ($0.62)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce ($0.22)
- 4 oz. 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded ($0.85)
- 1 jalapeno (optional), sliced ($0.15)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion ($0.11)
- Combine the garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the spices.
- Place the skillet on medium heat. Stir in the oil. Cook the chicken breasts until they are cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before chopping it into pieces. Mix 1/4 cup BBQ sauce with the chopped chicken and stir to coat it in the sauce.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450oF. Spread 1/2 cup BBQ sauce on the pizza crust or prepared pizza dough.
- To the pizza, add the cheese, BBQ chicken and sliced jalapenos.
- Bake, the pizza for between 10-12 minutes or until the cheese and crust are golden brown. Cut into 8 pieces and enjoy!
*You can season canned chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken instead of cooking fresh chicken.
Serving Size: 2 slices Calories 532.88 Kcal Carbohydrates 54.03 G Protein: 30.83 G Fat: 20. g Sodium 2640.13 mg Fiber 2.28 g