How to Thaw Shrimp
These are the best ways to thaw Shrimp. We have you covered, whether you’re short on time or have the luxury of planning.
Making shrimp dinner Frozen Shrimp makes it easy to prepare dinner for the weeknights. How do you get frozen Shrimp to dinner? There are a few ways to do it. Or the moment your stomach starts rumbling. Here are some ways to thaw Shrimp
How to Thaw Shrimp: Let them chill the night before.
How to Thaw Shrimp is the easiest and best way. Could you put them in the fridge the night before? If you plan, defrosting Shrimp is easy. You need to let the Shrimp do their thing in your fridge. These are some things you should know about this method.
- The Shrimp will take approximately 12 hours to defrost in the fridge.
- After they have been defrosted, you can use them within 48 hours.
The 15-minute method to thaw Shrimp
If you’re anything like us (which we assume you are), you didn’t plan for your frozen Shrimp. Your stomach is already grumbling. We have a quick and easy method that will take about 15 minutes, depending on how large your Shrimp are. Here are the steps to thaw Shrimp before you start cooking.
- Place the Shrimp in a bowl filled with very cold water.
- For 15 minutes, set a timer. To break up frozen clumps, stir the bowl once every five minutes.
- Depending on the size of your Shrimp, the Shrimp should be frozen within 15 to 20 minutes. Large Shrimp may take longer.
That’s it! Now go forth and eat.
Here are some of our favourite shrimp recipes
You probably have a recipe already in your head once you have thawed the Shrimp. Were we able to convince you to try these favourite recipes?
- Garlic Butter Shrimp My favourite! It’s quick and easy: it takes only 10 minutes to make this delicious dish.
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Fresh and zesty goes well with rice and Guacamole.
- Shrimps and Broccoli Quickly assemble with soy sauce, rice vinegar and a little bit of salt! Serve over rice or noodles.
- Coconut Shrimp Curry In less than 30 minutes, it tastes better than a restaurant! This Thai red curry is made with coconut milk and curry paste.
- Easy Baked Shrimp This is the best flavour, seasoned with garlic & herbs. For an irresistible crunch, add a crisp breading!
- Shrimp Tacos Quick and delicious dinner!
- Classic Shrimp Boil, This simple meal of Shrimp, potatoes, and corn is great for entertaining. There are no plates!
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil This is a quick and simple way to cook Shrimp in the oven.
- 1 pound frozen shrimp
- The night before: Take the Shrimp out of the packaging and cover it with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Once the Shrimp have thawed, they will be ready within 12 hours.
- Day: Take the Shrimp out of the packaging and place them in a bowl of very cold, filtered water. Stir every five minutes to break apart frozen clumps. Depending on how large the Shrimp is, the Shrimp should be done defrosting in 15 to 20 minutes.