FUNFETTI MUG CREAM
This cute Funfetti Mug Cake is a great choice for single-serving desserts. This perfectly-sized dessert is made in a classic mug cake style. It takes just a few minutes to make and only 60 seconds to cook. This is the perfect quick fix when you need a tiny bit of sweetness. It’s cute and makes me smile.
What is FUNFETTI?
Funfetti cake is a vanilla cake with rainbow sprinkles. Sprinkles look like confetti, so it’s sometimes called “confetti Cake”. However, someone invented the term funfetti (fun +confetti) because sprinkles are FUN. That name stuck, I’m sure! You can now find everything you need, including frosting, cake mixes, cookies, etc.
This recipe is for the cake portion of the funfetti-mug cake. You have many options for topping the confetti mug cake, so I decided to leave that up to you.
Whipping Cream– I find it difficult to make only a few tablespoons of frosting at a time, so I decided to use whipped Cream as the topping for this mug cake. The whipped cream may melt if the cake is not allowed to cool down before adding it.
Buttercream You can make a kind of buttercream frosting from 2 Tbsp room-temperature butter, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp milk and 1/8 teaspoon vanilla. Use a fork to combine the ingredients until they are well-whipped. It’s a very small amount of frosting, so that it can be tricky.
Cream cheese frosting – Mix 1 oz. 1 Tbsp room-temperature cream cheese, 1 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp milk and 1/3 cup powdered sugar. 1/8 tsp vanilla. You’ll need to whip it with a fork until it becomes slightly aerated.
Ice cream – You can go crazy and add vanilla ice cream to your mug cake. This is a great choice. 😉
CAN I MAKE THIS FUNFETTI MUGA CAKE VEGAN
This mug cake can be made vegan easily. You can substitute dairy milk for the whole milk in the recipe. Replace the dairy butter with vegan butter from a grocery store. You should also check the ingredients of your sprinkles to ensure they are vegan.
HOW BIG MUG TO USE
I used a small 8oz. I used a small 8oz mug to make my confetti mug cakes. It filled the mug up and was even topped with whipped Cream. I recommend a mug between 8-12 oz. This mug cake can be made in any size.
FUNFETTI MUG CREAM
This confetti mug cake is the perfect dessert to go with a meal.
Prep time: 4 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour ($0.03)
- 1 Tbsp sugar ($0.02)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder ($0.02)
- 1 tsp rainbow sprinkles (0.10)
- 3 Tbsp milk ($0.08)
- 1 Tbsp butter (melted), ($0.09)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract ($0.07)
- Mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder and sprinkle in a microwave-safe mug (8 oz. or larger). Mix everything until well combined
- Add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract, and toss in the coffee. Mix until you get a smooth batter. Make sure to scrape the flour from the corners of your mug.
- Microwave the mug cakes for 60 seconds or until they puff up to about 2/3 of their original volume. The microwave’s wattage will affect how long it takes to cook (I used a 1000-watt microwave for 60-70 seconds).
- Let the mug cake cool down, then add your favourite frosting or leave it plain.